A Lifetime mortgage lets you release the equity you’ve accumulated in your property by means of a long term secured loan which is repaid when you die or go into long term care. To qualify you must be a homeowner and aged 55 or over.
Rosaleen CrawfordLifetime Mortgage Adviser
Tel: 028 90 641602
The benefits to you
- You keep 100% ownership of your home
- No monthly repayments are required. The loan and interest are rolled up and are only repaid from when the property is no longer your main residence, either on death or when you move into long term care. Any remaining equity remains in your estate
- Only those lenders who offer a 'no negative equity guarantee' will be recommended which means you'll never have to repay more than the money you receive from the sale of your property.
- Can be used to purchase a new property as well as raising capital on your existing property.
Things to consider
- A lifetime mortgage charges interest on the total amount of the loan including the interest that has already accumulated.
- You don't have to pay tax on the amount you borrow, but it may affect your entitlement to means tested benefits
- Releasing equity will reduce the value you have in your home and the amount of inheritance you are able to leave.
Let The Mortgage Shop arrange your Lifetime Mortgage
- Independant mortgage advice
- Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Face to face advice
- Local office based in Belfast
This is a lifetime mortgage. To understand the features and risks, ask for a personalised illustration.